SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, accounting clerks accounted for 3.31% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 7,296,038.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as accounting clerks in EU changed by 18.41%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, accounting clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Manufacturing (1,522,442)
- Wholesale & retail trade (1,490,216)
- Transport & storage (974,579)
- Professional services (773,564)
- Finance & insurance (698,913)
Countries with highest employment share of accounting clerks in 2015:
- Germany (5.83%)
- Czech Republic (4.72%)
- Slovakia (4.62%)
- Croatia (4.20%)
- Belgium (3.62%)