SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, agricultural labourers accounted for 0.77% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 1,699,428.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as agricultural labourers in EU changed by -4.79%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, agricultural labourers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing (1,351,462)
- Administrative services (104,930)
- Public sector & defence (78,606)
- Wholesale & retail trade (41,036)
- Arts & recreation (39,626)
Countries with highest employment share of agricultural labourers in 2015:
- Romania (3.32%)
- Slovenia (2.49%)
- Hungary (2.09%)
- Spain (1.88%)
- Cyprus (1.65%)