SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, clerks accounted for 9.67% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 21,349,100.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as clerks in EU changed by -0.22%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,797,987)
- Manufacturing (2,617,642)
- Transport & storage (2,466,888)
- Public sector & defence (2,337,471)
- Finance & insurance (2,075,899)
Countries with highest employment share of clerks in 2015:
- Germany (12.63%)
- Italy (12.03%)
- Malta (11.17%)
- Belgium (10.95%)
- Cyprus (10.80%)