In 2016, clerks accounted for 9.57% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 21,520,060.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as clerks in EU changed by 0.73%.
In 2016, clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,845,588)
- Manufacturing (2,679,072)
- Transport & storage (2,522,052)
- Public sector & defence (2,352,214)
- Finance & insurance (2,028,778)
Countries with highest employment share of clerks in 2016:
- Germany (13.03%)
- Italy (11.97%)
- Cyprus (11.88%)
- Belgium (10.99%)
- Malta (10.93%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for clerks in EU is projected to change by -2.37%.