SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, customer clerks accounted for 2.23% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 4,930,637.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as customer clerks in EU changed by 5.66%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, customer clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Finance & insurance (1,076,359)
- Administrative services (681,385)
- Accommodation & food (432,422)
- Health & social care (403,311)
- Wholesale & retail trade (378,994)
Countries with highest employment share of customer clerks in 2015:
- Spain (4.84%)
- United Kingdom (3.94%)
- Malta (3.14%)
- Italy (2.51%)
- Greece (2.48%)