In 2016, customer clerks accounted for 2.19% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 4,925,648.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as customer clerks in EU changed by 4.95%.
In 2016, customer clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Finance & insurance (1,032,381)
- Administrative services (676,676)
- Accommodation & food (485,736)
- Health & social care (414,022)
- Arts & recreation (387,144)
Countries with highest employment share of customer clerks in 2016:
- Spain (4.93%)
- United Kingdom (3.64%)
- Cyprus (2.60%)
- Ireland (2.60%)
- Greece (2.50%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for customer clerks in EU is projected to change by 30.01%.