SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, elementary occupations accounted for 9.20% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 20,311,962.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as elementary occupations in EU changed by 1.93%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, elementary occupations were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Administrative & support activities (2,893,186)
- Manufacturing (2,392,572)
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,255,637)
- Arts, recreation, and other activities (2,108,670)
- Human health & social work activities (1,904,928)
Countries with highest employment share of elementary occupations in 2015:
- Cyprus (15.96%)
- Spain (12.77%)
- Latvia (12.20%)
- Italy (11.16%)
- Portugal (10.94%)