SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2016, elementary workers accounted for 9.24% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 20,783,868.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as elementary workers in EU changed by 3.86%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2016, elementary workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Administrative services (2,952,957)
- Manufacturing (2,439,563)
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,319,746)
- Arts & recreation (2,066,085)
- Accommodation & food (2,007,725)
Countries with highest employment share of elementary workers in 2016:
- Cyprus (14.74%)
- Spain (13.04%)
- Latvia (12.44%)
- Denmark (11.27%)
- Italy (11.26%)