In 2016, farmworkers and gardeners accounted for 3.22% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 7,252,858.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as farmworkers and gardeners in EU changed by -8.44%.
In 2016, farmworkers and gardeners were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing (6,167,035)
- Administrative services (561,123)
- Arts & recreation (152,365)
- Public sector & defence (105,967)
- Health & social care (49,108)
Countries with highest employment share of farmworkers and gardeners in 2016:
- Romania (18.50%)
- Greece (11.04%)
- Poland (8.42%)
- Croatia (5.08%)
- Lithuania (4.94%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for farmworkers and gardeners in EU is projected to change by -8.63%.