In 2016, service and sales workers accounted for 16.87% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 37,954,024.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as service and sales workers in EU changed by 2.89%.
In 2016, service and sales workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (14,056,612)
- Health & social care (5,918,357)
- Accommodation & food (5,854,109)
- Arts & recreation (3,541,245)
- Public sector & defence (2,137,051)
Countries with highest employment share of service and sales workers in 2016:
- Greece (23.78%)
- Spain (22.02%)
- Malta (21.56%)
- Bulgaria (20.71%)
- Finland (19.80%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for service and sales workers in EU is projected to change by 3.99%.