SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2016, service and sales workers accounted for 16.87% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 37,954,024.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as service and sales workers in EU changed by 2.89%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2016, service and sales workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (14,056,612)
- Health & social care (5,918,357)
- Accommodation & food (5,854,109)
- Arts & recreation (3,541,245)
- Public sector & defence (2,137,051)
Countries with highest employment share of service and sales workers in 2016:
- Greece (23.78%)
- Spain (22.02%)
- Malta (21.56%)
- Bulgaria (20.71%)
- Finland (19.80%)