This sector covers the major industries of wholesale and retail trade, repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles, accommodation and food services, transportation and storage, and telecommunications. These cover:
- wholesale and retail sale of any type of product (new and used to the general public for personal or home use);
- the repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles (new and used) including mechanical, electrical, and bodywork repair and ordinary servicing; the provision of short-stay accommodation for visitors (in apartments, hotels, camping grounds, hostels, and dormitories etc.) and other travellers (e.g. students or migrant and seasonal workers);
- the provision of complete meals and drinks fit for immediate consumption (in pubs, bars, restaurants, mobile food and self-service establishments);
- the provision of transport for passengers or goods by rail, pipeline, road, water or air and associated activities (such as parking and storage facilities) including the renting of transport equipment with a driver or operator; and
- the distribution (wired, wireless, and satellite) of information and cultural products.