In 2016, the share of mining & quarrying in total EU employment was 0.34%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of mining & quarrying in EU changed by -5.63%.
The countries with highest employment share of mining & quarrying in 2016 were:
- Poland 1.41%
- Romania 0.82%
- Bulgaria 0.78%
- Czech Republic 0.68%
- Estonia 0.51%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in mining & quarrying in 2016 in EU were:
- Machine & plant operators 193,702
- Drivers & vehicle operators 90,341
- Science & engineering technicians 80,109
- Metal & machinery workers 74,585
- Researchers & engineers 66,540
In the period 2016-2030, employment for mining & quarrying in EU is projected to change by -19.11%.