In 2016, the share of professional services in total EU employment was 6.36%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of professional services in EU changed by 13.3%.
The countries with highest employment share of professional services in 2016 were:
- Sweden 10.18%
- United Kingdom 8.38%
- Luxembourg 7.81%
- Netherlands 7.66%
- Cyprus 7.59%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in professional services in 2016 in EU were:
- Researchers & engineers 2,301,188
- Office associate professionals 2,074,306
- Office professionals 1,963,677
- Legal & social professionals 1,497,974
- Science & engineering technicians 873,386
In the period 2016-2030, employment for professional services in EU is projected to change by 23.51%.