SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2016, the share of water and waste treatment in total EU employment was 0.77%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of water and waste treatment in EU changed by 5.59%.
The countries with highest employment share of water and waste treatment in 2016 were:
- Croatia 1.69%
- Hungary 1.38%
- Malta 1.27%
- Romania 1.16%
- Slovakia 1.13%
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by occupation and sector.
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in water and waste treatment in 2016 in EU were:
- Other elementary workers 357,523
- Drivers & vehicle operators 288,321
- Science & engineering technicians 198,510
- Office associate professionals 82,455
- Construction workers 75,154