Table of contents
In 2014, 11.8% of vacancies were recorded as 'hard to fill' because of skills mismatches (6.7%) and a lack of applicants (5.1%).
- The Italian employment rate was 59.8% in 2013 – lower than both the national 2020 target of 67% and the EU–28 2020 target of 75%.
- From 2013 to 2025, employment is expected to grow by 6.1%, which is twice the average rate of the EU 28.
- Between 2013 and 2025, significant employment growth is expected in occupations such as managers, technicians, professionals and associate professionals.
- Foreign language skills are increasingly in demand, mainly for high skilled job positions, professionals and technicians.
- In 2014, 11.8% of vacancies were recorded as ‘hard to fill’ because of skills mismatches (6.7%) and a lack of applicants (5.1%).
The full text of the Analytical highlight can be downloaded from the link below: