Table of contents
Recruitment difficulties exist despite the important pool of skills available in the Greater Luxembourg Area.
- Luxembourg’s employment rate was 71.1% in 2013 – lower than both the national target of 73% and the EU-28 target of 75%.
- Luxembourg’s labour market is highly reliant on foreign workers from neighbouring regions; 43.6% of the workforce is cross-border commuters, 28.9% are Luxembourgers and 27.5% are foreign residents.
- Future employment growth is expected to be driven by commercial sectors other than the financial and insurance sector. Employment creation will be most marked in the fields of ‘services to companies’ and ‘commerce, catering and transport and communication’.
- Recruitment difficulties exist despite the important pool of skills available in the Greater Luxembourg Region.
- Challenges ahead include: developing an integrated system of skills projection analysis; and, investing in skills supply through a multi-pronged strategy.
The full text of the Analytical highlight can be downloaded from the link below: