Cedefop’s Policy Learning Fora (PLF) on upskilling pathways are a series of policy learning events on the topic aimed at providing a platform for countries to come together to learn from one another and explore common challenges in upskilling adults with low level of skills.
Cedefop’s PLF on Upskilling Pathways held on February 2018 demonstrated that while many countries are already equipped to provide skills identification, training provision tailored to individuals’ needs and/or validation and recognition of prior learning, much needs to be done in bringing together these policies and services in a coordinated manner and within a coherent strategy. Importantly, a coordinated and coherent strategy to the upskilling of adults also needs to be embedded in a system recognising the heterogeneity of the low skilled population, with its different needs and characteristics.
Cedefop’s 2019 PLF starts from here. It builds on the outcomes and common challenges identified in the 2018 PLF and aims at bringing together stakeholders to effectively support them in the implementation of Upskilling Pathways for adults.
Participants will have the opportunity to work together to:
- reflect and discuss the needs and policy responses aimed at the different priority target groups of low skilled adults identified;
- learn how countries with similar priorities organise their approach to upskilling specific groups of low skilled adults;
- reflect on different visions of upskilling adults, across and within countries and discuss evolving approaches to upskilling;
- refine and customise the analytical framework for upskilling adults provided by Cedefop, as to address national specific priorities and challenges.
Discussions are expected to lead to the following outcomes:
- become familiar with modes of organising upskilling pathways for adults in countries with similar and different approaches to it;
- increased awareness of the importance of a shared vision of upskilling adults and understanding of the different visions across and within countries;
- learn about changes and developments in EU countries, Iceland and Norway;
- increased knowledge on priority target groups in need of upskilling in the EU-28 MSs, Iceland and Norway and how to best address them;
- customised and refined analytical framework for upskilling adults which can support countries in addressing national-specific priorities and challenges.
Participation in this event is by invitation only. Find more on upcoming events here.