The Centre for Labour Studies (CLS) is an independent, educational, documentation and research centre at the University of Malta which aims to:
- strengthen the University's link with working persons, employers and the world of work at large,
- promote social dialogue, active involvement and the effective participation of workers, and their representatives, in specific workplaces and in labour policy more generally.
In pursuance of the two-pronged aim of its mission, the Centre for Labour Studies seeks to:
- establish healthy working partnerships and promote synergies between academics, government, trade unions, employers and other actors from civil society involved in the field of labour relations,
- organise educational programmes aimed at sensitizing people actively involved or interested in labour issues to current trends, relevant concepts and analytical tools pertinent in this area,
- act as national monitoring agency and clearing house for trends and developments occurring in employment and industrial relations,
- carry out research, consultancy and disseminate information on issues related to industrial and employee relations in Malta and abroad.