IFAU - The Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy is a research institute under the Swedish Ministry of Employment, situated in Uppsala. IFAU’s objective is to promote, support and carry out scientific evaluations.
Its services includes:
- the effects of labour market policies,
- studies of the functioning of the labour market,
- the effects of education policies,
- the labour market effects of social insurance policies.
One of its main duties is follow up and evaluate new and old labour market policy programmes, study the effects of the design of the unemployment insurance and its affect the income and employment effects of the participants is of importance. Another is the evaluation of the effects of measures within the educational system. The focus is on how different measures affect the study results of individuals and their future labour market outcomes. Furthermore they evaluate the effects of social insurance on the labour market and studying wage formation, labour supply and demand for labour. The results of its research project are published in Swedish reports and Working Papers in English and summaries of the results are also provided.
Besides research, IFAU is:
- disseminating knowledge of the activities of the institute through publications, seminars, courses, workshops, conferences and the IFAU website,
- influencing the collection of data,
- hosting Swedish and international guests for shorter or longer periods.