The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) was officially launched in 2012 with the mission to foster the development and achievement of excellence in further and higher education in Malta through research, effective licensing, accreditation, quality assurance and recognition of qualifications established under the Malta Qualifications Framework.
Thus, NCFHE focuses on:
- providing accreditation to further and higher educational institutions,
- providing accreditation to programmes or courses of studies at further and higher education levels,
- quality assurance of both educational institutions and programmes or courses,
- recognition of obtained national or international qualifications as well as prospective qualifications,
- validation of informal and non-formal learning,
- research and policy recommendation on issues related to further and higher education.