In 2017, accounting clerks accounted for 3.40% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 7,763,313.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as accounting clerks in EU changed by 3.97%.
In 2017, accounting clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Manufacturing (1,627,614)
- Wholesale & retail trade (1,517,853)
- Transport & storage (1,067,632)
- Professional services (859,441)
- Finance & insurance (709,847)
Countries with highest employment share of accounting clerks in 2017:
- Germany (6.38%)
- Czechia (4.61%)
- Slovakia (4.48%)
- Croatia (4.24%)
- Cyprus (4.09%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for accounting clerks in EU is projected to change by -12.28%.