In 2016, accounting clerks accounted for 3.29% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 7,404,175.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as accounting clerks in EU changed by 21.55%.
In 2016, accounting clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Manufacturing (1,604,959)
- Wholesale & retail trade (1,503,783)
- Transport & storage (1,028,992)
- Professional services (765,216)
- Finance & insurance (684,541)
Countries with highest employment share of accounting clerks in 2016:
- Germany (6.35%)
- Slovakia (4.79%)
- Czech Republic (4.64%)
- Croatia (3.81%)
- Cyprus (3.81%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for accounting clerks in EU is projected to change by -12.28%.