In 2016, agricultural labourers accounted for 0.75% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 1,680,425.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as agricultural labourers in EU changed by -6.23%.
In 2016, agricultural labourers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing (1,326,298)
- Administrative services (103,202)
- Public sector & defence (80,841)
- Wholesale & retail trade (43,823)
- Arts & recreation (37,040)
Countries with highest employment share of agricultural labourers in 2016:
- Romania (2.67%)
- Spain (2.05%)
- Hungary (2.00%)
- Slovenia (1.65%)
- Italy (1.62%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for agricultural labourers in EU is projected to change by 14.20%.