In 2017, agricultural labourers accounted for 0.73% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 1,677,698.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as agricultural labourers in EU changed by -8.87%.
In 2017, agricultural labourers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing (1,349,058)
- Administrative services (98,593)
- Public sector & defence (75,575)
- Wholesale & retail trade (39,889)
- Arts & recreation (35,691)
Countries with highest employment share of agricultural labourers in 2017:
- Romania (2.62%)
- Spain (2.07%)
- Slovenia (2.07%)
- Hungary (1.74%)
- Bulgaria (1.72%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for agricultural labourers in EU is projected to change by 14.20%.