In 2016, associate professionals accounted for 16.02% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 36,024,520.
During the period 2011-2016, the number of people employed as associate professionals in EU changed by 8.26%.
In 2016, associate professionals were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Health & social care (6,916,468)
- Manufacturing (5,363,004)
- Public sector & defence (4,226,027)
- Professional services (3,615,942)
- Wholesale & retail trade (3,580,000)
Countries with highest employment share of associate professionals in 2016:
- Germany (22.29%)
- France (20.44%)
- Austria (19.13%)
- Finland (18.75%)
- Sweden (18.20%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for associate professionals in EU is projected to change by 15.10%.