In 2017, associate professionals accounted for 15.96% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 36,443,424.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as associate professionals in EU changed by 6.96%.
In 2017, associate professionals were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Health & social care (6,992,082)
- Manufacturing (5,342,407)
- Public sector & defence (4,168,081)
- Professional services (3,777,397)
- Wholesale & retail trade (3,534,508)
Countries with highest employment share of associate professionals in 2017:
- Germany (22.27%)
- France (19.68%)
- Austria (19.26%)
- Finland (18.89%)
- Sweden (18.45%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for associate professionals in EU is projected to change by 15.10%.