In 2017, customer clerks accounted for 2.17% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 4,950,205.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as customer clerks in EU changed by 3.35%.
In 2017, customer clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Finance & insurance (1,008,488)
- Administrative services (692,223)
- Accommodation & food (482,259)
- Wholesale & retail trade (403,624)
- Health & social care (390,204)
Countries with highest employment share of customer clerks in 2017:
- Spain (4.71%)
- United Kingdom (3.66%)
- Ireland (2.67%)
- Cyprus (2.62%)
- Greece (2.50%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for customer clerks in EU is projected to change by 30.01%.