In 2017, elementary workers accounted for 9.12% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 20,823,160.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as elementary workers in EU changed by 5.2%.
In 2017, elementary workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Administrative services (2,961,370)
- Manufacturing (2,491,564)
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,398,125)
- Accommodation & food (2,052,653)
- Arts & recreation (2,033,880)
Countries with highest employment share of elementary workers in 2017:
- Cyprus (14.35%)
- Spain (13.23%)
- Latvia (12.81%)
- Italy (11.12%)
- Bulgaria (11.05%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for elementary workers in EU is projected to change by 12.54%.