In 2017, farmworkers and gardeners accounted for 3.14% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 7,171,873.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as farmworkers and gardeners in EU changed by -8.93%.
In 2017, farmworkers and gardeners were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Agriculture, forestry & fishing (6,057,639)
- Administrative services (569,848)
- Arts & recreation (161,535)
- Public sector & defence (106,382)
- Health & social care (50,326)
Countries with highest employment share of farmworkers and gardeners in 2017:
- Romania (18.76%)
- Greece (10.95%)
- Poland (7.99%)
- Lithuania (4.68%)
- Croatia (4.57%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for farmworkers and gardeners in EU is projected to change by -8.63%.