In 2017, office professionals accounted for 3.94% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 9,002,031.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as office professionals in EU changed by 28.69%.
In 2017, office professionals were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Professional services (2,027,457)
- Public sector & defence (1,246,614)
- Finance & insurance (1,097,848)
- Manufacturing (1,049,987)
- Wholesale & retail trade (948,090)
Countries with highest employment share of office professionals in 2017:
- Luxembourg (12.92%)
- Lithuania (7.92%)
- Netherlands (7.04%)
- United Kingdom (6.36%)
- Sweden (5.51%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for office professionals in EU is projected to change by 19.60%.