In 2017, service and sales workers accounted for 16.89% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 38,543,692.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as service and sales workers in EU changed by 4.89%.
In 2017, service and sales workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (14,043,592)
- Health & social care (6,046,012)
- Accommodation & food (5,859,500)
- Arts & recreation (3,678,902)
- Public sector & defence (2,195,704)
Countries with highest employment share of service and sales workers in 2017:
- Greece (23.54%)
- Bulgaria (21.52%)
- Spain (21.50%)
- Malta (20.74%)
- Ireland (20.01%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for service and sales workers in EU is projected to change by 3.99%.