In 2016, the share of manufacturing in total EU employment was 15.45%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of manufacturing in EU changed by 2.95%.
The countries with highest employment share of manufacturing in 2016 were:
- Czech Republic 27.87%
- Slovenia 25.12%
- Slovakia 24.49%
- Hungary 21.68%
- Poland 20.24%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in manufacturing in 2016 in EU were:
- Metal & machinery workers 4,923,517
- Machine & plant operators 4,268,995
- Science & engineering technicians 3,253,700
- Other manufacturing workers 3,073,323
- Technical labourers 1,979,080
In the period 2016-2030, employment for manufacturing in EU is projected to change by -1.98%.