In 2016, the share of construction in total EU employment was 6.68%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of construction in EU changed by -5.22%.
The countries with highest employment share of construction in 2016 were:
- Slovakia 9.21%
- Estonia 8.98%
- Austria 8.30%
- Cyprus 8.27%
- Romania 8.03%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in construction in 2016 in EU were:
- Construction workers 6,533,805
- Science & engineering technicians 1,278,880
- Electroengineering workers 1,177,152
- Technical labourers 1,032,457
- Drivers & vehicle operators 749,701
In the period 2016-2030, employment for construction in EU is projected to change by 3.35%.