In 2017, the share of construction in total EU employment was 6.81%.
During the period 2012-2017, the employment level of construction in EU changed by 1.31%.
The countries with highest employment share of construction in 2017 were:
- Slovakia 9.65%
- Estonia 8.65%
- Cyprus 8.22%
- Romania 8.03%
- Austria 8.03%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in construction in 2017 in EU were:
- Construction workers 6,709,380
- Science & engineering technicians 1,344,577
- Electroengineering workers 1,218,618
- Technical labourers 955,098
- Drivers & vehicle operators 772,482
In the period 2016-2030, employment for construction in EU is projected to change by 3.35%.