In 2016, the share of finance & insurance in total EU employment was 2.90%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of finance & insurance in EU changed by -0.24%.
The countries with highest employment share of finance & insurance in 2016 were:
- Luxembourg 9.52%
- Cyprus 5.30%
- Malta 4.71%
- Ireland 4.45%
- United Kingdom 3.79%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in finance & insurance in 2016 in EU were:
- Office associate professionals 1,788,911
- Office professionals 1,120,607
- Customer clerks 1,032,381
- Accounting clerks 684,541
- Technical managers 384,053
In the period 2016-2030, employment for finance & insurance in EU is projected to change by 9.75%.