In 2017, the share of finance & insurance in total EU employment was 2.90%.
During the period 2012-2017, the employment level of finance & insurance in EU changed by 0.85%.
The countries with highest employment share of finance & insurance in 2017 were:
- Luxembourg 9.64%
- Cyprus 5.50%
- Malta 5.32%
- Ireland 4.36%
- United Kingdom 3.88%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in finance & insurance in 2017 in EU were:
- Office associate professionals 1,841,238
- Office professionals 1,097,848
- Customer clerks 1,008,488
- Accounting clerks 709,847
- Technical managers 391,399
In the period 2016-2030, employment for finance & insurance in EU is projected to change by 9.75%.