In 2017, the share of manufacturing in total EU employment was 15.40%.
During the period 2012-2017, the employment level of manufacturing in EU changed by 4.31%.
The countries with highest employment share of manufacturing in 2017 were:
- Czechia 27.81%
- Slovenia 25.19%
- Slovakia 24.64%
- Hungary 22.41%
- Poland 20.82%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in manufacturing in 2017 in EU were:
- Metal & machinery workers 4,873,485
- Machine & plant operators 4,287,025
- Science & engineering technicians 3,267,025
- Other manufacturing workers 3,073,179
- Technical labourers 2,012,984
In the period 2016-2030, employment for manufacturing in EU is projected to change by -1.98%.