In 2017, the share of professional services in total EU employment was 6.50%.
During the period 2012-2017, the employment level of professional services in EU changed by 15.85%.
The countries with highest employment share of professional services in 2017 were:
- Sweden 10.12%
- Luxembourg 8.48%
- United Kingdom 8.23%
- Cyprus 7.95%
- Finland 7.88%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in professional services in 2017 in EU were:
- Researchers & engineers 2,366,406
- Office associate professionals 2,152,292
- Office professionals 2,027,457
- Legal & social professionals 1,553,933
- Science & engineering technicians 940,447
In the period 2016-2030, employment for professional services in EU is projected to change by 23.51%.