In 2016, the share of transport & storage in total EU employment was 5.21%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of transport & storage in EU changed by 5.81%.
The countries with highest employment share of transport & storage in 2016 were:
- Latvia 9.33%
- Estonia 7.89%
- Lithuania 7.15%
- Slovakia 6.56%
- Hungary 6.35%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in transport & storage in 2016 in EU were:
- Drivers & vehicle operators 4,978,444
- Accounting clerks 1,028,992
- Other support clerks 881,468
- Technical labourers 669,494
- Office associate professionals 581,004
In the period 2016-2030, employment for transport & storage in EU is projected to change by 5.66%.