SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2015, clerical support workers accounted for 9.67% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 21,349,100.
During the period 2011-2015, the number of people employed as clerical support workers in EU changed by -0.22%.
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by sector and occupation.
In 2015, clerical support workers were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,797,987)
- Manufacturing (2,617,642)
- Transport & storage (2,466,888)
- Public administration & defence (2,337,471)
- Financial & insurance activities (2,075,899)
Countries with highest employment share of clerical support workers in 2015:
- Germany (12.63%)
- Italy (12.03%)
- Malta (11.17%)
- Belgium (10.95%)
- Cyprus (10.80%)