SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2016, the share of manufacturing in total EU employment was 15.45%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of manufacturing in EU changed by 2.95%.
The countries with highest employment share of manufacturing in 2016 were:
- Czech Republic 27.87%
- Slovenia 25.12%
- Slovakia 24.49%
- Hungary 21.68%
- Poland 20.24%
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by occupation and sector.
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in manufacturing in 2016 in EU were:
- Metal & machinery workers 4,923,517
- Machine & plant operators 4,268,995
- Science & engineering technicians 3,253,700
- Other manufacturing workers 3,073,323
- Technical labourers 1,979,080