SIZE OF EMPLOYMENT
In 2016, the share of construction in total EU employment was 6.68%.
During the period 2011-2016, the employment level of construction in EU changed by -5.22%.
The countries with highest employment share of construction in 2016 were:
- Slovakia 9.21%
- Estonia 8.98%
- Austria 8.30%
- Cyprus 8.27%
- Romania 8.03%
It shows the total number of employed population, of any age, broken down by occupation and sector.
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in construction in 2016 in EU were:
- Construction workers 6,533,805
- Science & engineering technicians 1,278,880
- Electroengineering workers 1,177,152
- Technical labourers 1,032,457
- Drivers & vehicle operators 749,701