The Warwick Institute for Employment Research (IER) is a leading international social science research centre - under the University of Warwick. Its research is interdisciplinary and made relevant to policy makers and practitioners. It is renowned for consistently delivering high quality research. Research questions are tackled in projects funded by a range of public and private sector organisations and through publications in academic journals.
IER has built a considerable reputation for its expertise in a broad range of research fields, including:
- labour market assessment,
- labour market forecasting,
- work, welfare and public policy,
- apprenticeships, work based learning and training,
- guidance, learning and careers,
- employment relations and employer behaviour,
- labour market classification and measurement,
- higher education and the graduate labour market.
Research findings are disseminated to the academic, policy and practitioner communities through IER’s own publications, research reports published by sponsors, key stakeholder events and international conferences. In addition, a widely circulated Bulletin series is produced by IER to highlight key findings from particular projects.