In 2017, clerks accounted for 9.59% in the total employment in EU.
The total employment in this occupation reached 21,897,532.
During the period 2012-2017, the number of people employed as clerks in EU changed by 1.28%.
In 2017, clerks were mostly employed in the following sectors in the EU:
- Wholesale & retail trade (2,883,149)
- Manufacturing (2,736,058)
- Transport & storage (2,501,760)
- Public sector & defence (2,343,992)
- Finance & insurance (2,013,280)
Countries with highest employment share of clerks in 2017:
- Germany (12.93%)
- Italy (11.94%)
- Cyprus (11.92%)
- Belgium (11.00%)
- Greece (10.65%)
In the period 2016-2030, employment for clerks in EU is projected to change by -2.37%.