In 2017, the share of mining & quarrying in total EU employment was 0.32%.
During the period 2012-2017, the employment level of mining & quarrying in EU changed by -11.34%.
The countries with highest employment share of mining & quarrying in 2017 were:
- Poland 1.28%
- Bulgaria 0.90%
- Romania 0.75%
- Czechia 0.73%
- Estonia 0.62%
The occupations with the largest numbers of people employed in mining & quarrying in 2017 in EU were:
- Machine & plant operators 161,492
- Drivers & vehicle operators 89,898
- Metal & machinery workers 86,313
- Science & engineering technicians 77,741
- Researchers & engineers 69,127
In the period 2016-2030, employment for mining & quarrying in EU is projected to change by -19.11%.